Saturday, September 19, 2009

Wetpaint

I think that I may have done something wrong in posting by website on wiki. I found this need website called Eduation World Professional Development Center www.educationworld.com/a_curr/shore/shore004.shtml while doing research for another class. It helps teachers find constructive ways to handle difficult situations in the classroom. I had to look up information on how to handle a child with hygiene issues. I found a lot of supportive information. Like making hygiene a part of the cirriculum, asking a kindergarten teacher for advice (they usually have to deal with this issue alot), talk privately with the student, providing the student with a checklist, and having items handy in the classroom for children who do not have these things at home. Also having private signals for a child who has a issue (like picking her nose) to remind her that it is not appropriate; without embarrassing her.

2 comments:

  1. You posted to the page THREAD instead of actually editing the page, Tami. You can just copy/paste your thread post onto the actual page and sign your name and the date you posted. Then delete the thread as we're not using that aspect this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great web site. I just read the article you posted and it was very informative. I am actually dealing with a hygiene issue with one of my preschoolers and it is a very difficult subject to approach. Thanks for the link!

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete