Sunday, September 27, 2009

Websites and webpages

I am very intimidated by this weeks assignment, however I feel that jumping in with both feet is probably to only way to learn this kind of stuff. I choose google, weebly, and yola for my three pages. Google and weebly have demo videos which I found to be extremely helpful with the novice of myself. Yola did not, yet it had the drop and drag for elements. I think weebly has a lot of add ons. I did not add any of these. I am unsure where to go from here. I titled and wrote welcome on my pages, and stopped there. Still exploring and trying to figure out where to go from here. I will get there eventually. I think that just being able to get the first page started is great progress for myself. Truthfully I can not choose a favorite. I don't feel confident in myself or the pages for that yet.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tami,
    I can relate to the not knowing what to put on your page. For now, on mine, I've just put my introduction on the front page, and a link to my personal philosophy on teaching, which I had from a previous class. I, too, skipped the add ons. While I would eventually like to play around with them, right now they seem unnecessary to my pages. Best of luck, I look forward to seeing what you've done.
    Thanks,
    Katie May

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kaytmay
    Thanks for your kind words and ideas. I never thought of an introduction. I was just so pleased with my self for starting the pages. I did however go back last night and changed a little on my google site. Iam trying and hope to get it eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Katie May says, Tami, just dump content on there you already have. This is so you can get the feel of the tools. You'll choose one site over another soon enough but you'll need to poke around a bit to decide which one is more user-friendly. You're doing fine, don't despair :-)

    ReplyDelete